The Presales Consultant is responsible for assisting the sales team to drive revenue by helping to qualify accounts, helping the proposals team answer RFP/RFI’s, preparing and delivering solution-based product presentations, and delivering proof of concepts that meet customer business requirements.
He is responsible for working with Intalio’s products and is responsible for handling any technical question or issue which arises during a sales cycle and setting appropriate customer expectations.
He must be able to cover the below areas:
- Is able to describe Intalio’s products and how they interact with 3rd party technologies.
- Advise the sales team regarding new opportunities that may be developed with current clients as well as new prospects.
- Has the ability to assess a customer’s business problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Investigate and research new technologies, products, features…
- Has the ability to handle most customer meetings without the assistance of other staff.
- When complex problems requiring out-of-the-box thinking arise, can document a solution and articulate the business value to a customer.
- Download and test open-source products and integrate with existing software products
- Support the proposal team in writing technical proposals and responding to RFPs
- Design conceptual solutions
- Prepare and give presentations explaining the solution proposed
- Participate in online technical forums and provision of online support content when needed
- Participate in deep technical meetings with customers.
- Continuously updating technical knowledge and learning new products and feature sets.
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, customer-focused, and able to work in a team.
- Possesses good presentation skills and communication skills.
- Is able to help to qualify a sales opportunity.
- Is able to talk with different audiences, appropriately adjust technical content to meet different audience knowledge and interest, and can juggle meetings with multiple audience levels.
- Is able to handle customer objections by determining the real business problem, articulating our ability to solve their problems, and finding creative solutions rather than answering “no”.
- Be able to position our products against the competition.
- Technical Knowledge in:
- Web development
- Relational databases
- Web server environments
- Operating systems
- Build training manuals for developed applications.
- Provide training sessions on developed applications.
- Abide by the training plans assigned by Unit Managers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Education & Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of overall presales experience.
- Minimum 1 year of field experience or the equivalent combination of consulting, technical, and sales skills.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the Microsoft .Net framework architecture: web servers, application servers, database servers, development components…
- Knowledge of Database modeling and the SQL language.
- Has basic knowledge of Enterprise Content Management requirements
- The ability to persuade or influence others to accept a point of view, to adopt a specific agenda, or to take a course of action.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally or on a regional basis.
- Being open, flexible, and creative with regard to time management and scheduling challenges.
- Experience: 6 years and above
- Reports to: Pre-Sales Manager
- Language proficiency: French, English and Arabic fluency is a must.