The job of a professional services manager is to ensure the delivery of client projects on budget and on time while maintaining your company’s profit margins. You will be responsible for managing and communicating deliverables, risks, project timeline, ROI.
PS Manager Qualifications:
- 5 years of experience in the same field
- Enforce quality customer service
- Mentor and train employees
- Keep staff motivated
- Utilize project management skills of leadership, communication, presentation, time management, organization and planning to achieve client’s goals and advance their software applications.
- Balance time, money and scope of projects and prioritizes tasks to ensure timely execution of projects from start to finish.
- Manage all project resources (internal, external, and client) to perform tasks according to plan; sets expectations concerning deliverability, performance, maintenance, design and costs.
- Conduct periodic status checks with customers and team to assess progress against the plan.
- Perform re-forecasts of project variables as necessary throughout project.
- Prepare regular status reports on all project activities and issues.
- All consultants may be assigned, and required to carry out, additional duties at any time.
PS Manager Responsibilities:
- Setting up and maintaining the service standards
- Handle clients comments and always try to up-sales extra features and corrections
- Manage and supervise PS team
- Maintaining customer relationships and improving response and delivery times
- Updating service methods to improve overall efficiency
- Resolving any service problems and customer complaints
- Conducting periodic appraisals of team members and identifying areas for improvement
Creating and presenting regular reports to senior management