The Channel Manager wins, maintains, and expands relationships with assigned channel partners. Assigned to channel partners based on geography, channel, or market, the Channel Manager is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and partner recruitment objectives. The Channel Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to assigned partners though may focus on a specific solution or product set if focused in a partner vertical market. The Channel Manager reports to the Vice President of Channel Sales.
Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- Must be able to show successful channel sales track record and quota achievement of enterprise (SaaS) software products and services solutions.
- Must be highly motivated and able to function independently within their territory as well as within a cross-functional account team.
- Manage relationships with customers and vendors to build the brand and the business.
- Champion and manage new projects to create stronger partnerships.
- Build the organizational network by through targeted outreach and strong project planning.
- Liaise with partners to solve issues, communicate needs and create synergy.
- Analyze and report on partner initiatives, forecast for strategic changes and report on key metrics
- Must have proven and successful sales experience at managing resources and complex, multi-dimensional sales efforts, both at the customer level and corporate environment.
- Experience in the area of procurement is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication, and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to assemble and present effective sales presentations at the C-Level is a requirement.
- Ability to travel 50% is a must.
- Reports to the VP Channel Sales
- Enlists the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed.
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with partners and end-user customer management as appropriate.
- Works closely with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- This position may have direct report staff assigned to support responsibilities within specific partner accounts.
Sales Manager Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience managing partners and selling enterprise wide software and services solutions through software channels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Computer Science or related field is preferred. Compensation/Benefits