Direct and oversee an organization’s sales policies, objectives, and initiatives. Set short- and long-term sales strategies and evaluate the effectiveness of current sales programs. Recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to top management. The successful candidate will understand what motivates customers to buy and know how to tap into those needs and desires in an effective way.
Marketing and Communication Manager Responsibilities:
- Determine annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implement national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Plan to ensure the achievement of divisional and personal targets, aligning with company sales policies and strategies.
- Manage, develop, coach, control, and motivate the sales force to develop their skill to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and monthly sales target and KPI target are met.
- Ensure targets are delivered through people management, performance review, reward, and individual recognition.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the sales team and manage the sales program accordingly.
- Provide on-the-ground support for sales associates as they generate leads and close new deals.
- Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company’s relationship with them.
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies, and programs to capture key demographics.
- Provide daily reports of field sales success and communicate VOC data to superiors.
- Sell to existing and potential direct accounts as well as provide sales support to distribution partners to participate in closing and order or to facilitate and add value to the selling process.
- Continually develop knowledge of the business climate, applications, and competition for his/her defined geography and accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and execute a territory plan.
- Continually assess current business distribution channels, develop and evaluate their performance, and manage conflict ensuring alignment with territory plans.
- Maintain data relative to partners, accounts, and activities and will document customer interactions.
- Prepare reporting as needed.
Sales Manager Requirements:
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Sell to Customer Needs
- Sales Planning
- Build Relationships
- Manage Processes
- Market Knowledge
- Develop Budgets
- Experience: 5 years and above.