Senior Development Engineer Summary:
Intalio is looking to Hire a Senior DevOps Engineer who will work on solution infrastructure, performance, and security.
This engineer will be doing infra sizing, supporting internal and external environments for auto-deployment and pipeline checks. In addition to this, our solution has a complex search engine build on apache solr and zookeeper on top of Java stack and several databases. This DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the stack and its configuration and best practices and will be able to do audits on the client environment while applying changes.
What you will be doing:
- Documentation: Writes specifications and documentation for the server-side features.
- Systems analysis: Analyzes the technology currently being used and develops plans and processes for improvement and expansion. The DevOps engineer provides support for urgent analytic needs.
- Development: Develops, codes, builds, installs, configures, and maintains IT solutions.
- Project planning: Participates in project planning meetings to share their knowledge of system options, risk, impact, and costs vs. benefits. In addition, DevOps engineers communicate operational requirements and development forecasts.
- Testing: Tests code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline and minimize errors.
- Deployment: Uses configuration management software to automatically deploy updates and fixes into the production environment.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting: Perform routine application maintenance to ensure the production environment runs smoothly. Develops maintenance requirements and procedures.
- Performance management: Recommends performance enhancements by performing gap analysis, identifying alternative solutions, and assisting with modifications.
What you will bring along| Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of application development methodologies
- Good experience in Apache Solr platform and zookeeper is a must.
- Good experience in the Apache Kafka platform and Elastic Search engine is a must.
- Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, Hudson, etc.
- Experience maintaining infrastructure and ensuring stability while adding new features
- Experience optimizing applications
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Possess a strong grasp of automation tools
- Ability to keep up with software development trends and innovation.
- Ability to install and configure software, gather test-stage data, and perform de-bugging.
- Ability to ensure smooth software deployment by writing script updates and running diagnostics.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Experience: 5 years and above
- Reports to: Tech Lead