Keeping track of your company’s documents has become a full-time task and a daily hassle. With most of the data now being stored online, it’s only reasonable for industries to be concerned about sensitive information and how to protect it.
However, many organizations are still having trouble keeping up with the growing number of documents that need to be handled and regulated. Businesses must develop a management system in order to keep up with the fast-paced digital world and transition from paper to digital records.
A solid records management strategy gives corporations the resources they need to manage their physical and electronic records throughout their life cycle. Moreover, it guarantees that employees will have access to the right information in a timely and cost-effective manner. If you don’t have a records management system in place for your enterprise, you can be missing out on several benefits.
With the exponential growth of data in its many forms and from a variety of sources, identifying and preserving critical records has become increasingly challenging. Here are 9 steps you can follow to achieve a successful and sustainable record management system:
- Establish who is going to manage the processes and records.
- Organize existing files and eliminate unnecessary ones.
- Deliver correct, consistent, and comprehensive information.
- Ensure that users can easily locate and retrieve their records.
- Create a retention and destruction schedule for your files.
- Guarantee the safe disposal of useless and expired documents.
- Safeguard your significant data by creating a disaster recovery plan.
- Train your team after implementing the new records management plan.
- Monitor your records management program and keep it up-to-date.
Records management systems that are well-maintained help companies comply with record-keeping requirements, avoid security risks, and improve workflow and productivity.
Improper document handling due to a lack of adequate storage space, time constraints, or other factors, will result in the loss of sensitive information that is important to your employees and customers.
Intalio recognizes that providing accurate and compliant records is key to running a successful business. With Intalio’s Electronic Record Management System, users can help their organizations get the right data, to the right people, at the right time.