A Functional Consultant is involved in the planning, design and oversight of the implementation of a software system. They take the requirements of the client or customer and use their understanding to analyze various methods and solutions to build a system that meets the client’s required structure. The job is a balance of providing technical solutions and meeting and manipulating businesses requirements. Functional Consultants often work as part of a team that may include business analysts, technical consultants and software engineers. After completing the redevelopment, the Functional Consultant delivers end user training and ensures a smooth transition to the client. They may also report on the progress of the work effort, and follow-up to support the application on an ongoing basis.
Functional Consultant Responsibilities:
- Gather customer requirements and document it well
- Manage full life cycle of design and testing phases.
- Develop solution design and prepare system design documentations.
- Evaluate customer’s business requirements, needs, and objectives and transform the same into company processes, solutions and modules being implemented.
- Analyze and resolve complex customer issues related to data and processes.
- Deliver Training on different Odoo modules (onsite / online).
- Prepare test cases for testing.
- Testing may also include module testing, System Integration Testing & User Acceptance Testing.
- Provide necessary support for Odoo Modules.
- Analyze customers’ needs and business processes
- Negotiate the required resources
- Follow and check the development part
- Help with the configuration and deployment of the software
- Coach customers through individual sessions
Odoo Functional Consultant Requirements:
- Previous Experience in Odoo
- Good knowledge of business processes
- Fluent in English (Arabic is a plus)
- Planning and communication skills
- Effective Date: 01/11/2020
- Experience: 2 years and above